Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gobble Gobble Till You Wobble....

I'm back! I really apologize for the lack of updates but I really am trying to make an effort to keep the blog going! My husband's parent's were in town from Bangladesh for 2 weeks. I was busy entertaining them, working, and preparing for Thanksgiving. I also kind of panicked this weekend when I realized I didn't have a single Christmas gift bought. I freaked out so much that I went online this weekend and ordered everyone's gift lol! I don't know why I didn't do this last year! It's so much easier than fighting the mall crowd, especially with a whining toddler, and I'm getting packages in the mail every day! I LOVE getting packages in the mail! I'm like 75% done now which makes me happy :)

Of course I have yet to get our tree up but that is on my to do list for this weekend. I plan on hitting up Kirklands (my favorite store!) this weekend and picking up some last minute Christmas decorations! We also have two birthday parties this weekend. Jonah's best friend Robert Matthew is having his 2nd birthday party tomorrow and then Sunday we have another 2nd birthday to attend! It's actually got me in a tizzy about Jonah's upcoming birthday. I can't believe in 3 months he will be 2 years old! What happened to my little, itty, bitty baby?!! There is another event to stress about as well!

Oh well as stressful as this time of year is I LOVE it. Having Jonah has completely changed the holidays for my husband and I. Ever since we've lived together we never did the whole Christmas tree thing until we had Jonah. Now it's like being a kid all over again with my son and I love that and I'm grateful for that. I also wanted to share with y'all this fabulous quiche recipe I cooked tonight! The best thing about it is that my picky toddler ate it and even with the spinach in it! He turns up his nose at any kind of vegetable lately so I'm trying to find stuff to hide veggies in it! I hope everyone is having a good week and tomorrow is FRIDAY! Have a great weekend y'all! Thanksgiving pictures and Quiche recipe below...ENJOY!







SPINACH AND MUSHROOM QUICHE



OH and just a note this makes 2 quiches but you will just need to double the milk and egg portion of the recipe! I froze one for a night when I don't feel like cooking!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (I used fresh, canned mushrooms skeeve me out lol)
1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment