GAH! I thought my head was going to explode...so what do we do? Jonah and I go to lunch with my friend from work and her little boy and I stuff my face some more lol. Not to mention to get my mind off smoking I went shopping with her and spent money I did not need to spend :( I did get some awesome deals on some clothes for a cruise I'm going on in September. I got 3 bottoms, 3 shirts, and 1 dress from Old Navy for $100. I think that is pretty impressive even if I didn't need to be out shopping! ;)
I also came home and cooked a fabulous meal! I'm turning out to be quite the little cook thanks to pioneer woman. I am obsessed with her blog. I sit at work and salivate over her recipes lol. My goal is to cook every mouthwatering recipe on her blog! I want her cookbook so bad! Maybe for Christmas! Even my husband agreed that dinner was awesome! It's the "Marlboro Man's favorite pasta" recipe and it's basically a spaghetti and meat sauce spin off. Here is the recipe and a picture of the beautimous finished product! Hope y'all enjoy and give it a try if you love spaghetti like me! I hope to update again soon! I'm really trying to keep up with this blog y'all so hang in there with me!
Marlboro Man's Pasta
Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ whole Large Onion, Diced
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 pounds Ground Beef
Salt To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
1 teaspoon (generous) Ground Thyme
2 cans (14 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes
¼ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1-½ pound (to 2 Pounds) Rigatoni
Preparation Instructions
Heat olive oil in large skillet or pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook a couple of minutes, until starting to turn translucent. Add garlic and stir, cooking 1 minute, making sure not to brown the garlic.
Add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain most of excess fat. Add salt, pepper, and ground thyme. Stir to combine. Dump in canned tomatoes with their juice. Stir, reduce heat to low, and cover pot. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Uncover the pot and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Cook rigatoni according to package directions—don’t overcook! Drain and place individual portions into bowls.
Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan into the sauce. Check and adjust seasonings. Ladle sauce over cooked pasta, sprinkle with more Parmesan, and serve.

No comments:
Post a Comment