Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Why I love living in Sweet Home Alabama.

As much as I complain sometimes that I'd love to move somewhere different I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. Most people think of rednecks and inbreds when they think of Alabama but it truly is an amazing state. I LOVE the fact that the beach is only an hours drive away and I could not imagine living anywhere other than the South. I am truly a southern girl at heart. There is no other place in the world like the south and the gulf coast.

I just have to share that yesterday I had the most amazing day I've had in a while. I feel guilty saying that because it didn't involve spending time with my little munchkin (moms guilt!). After a long weekend of working night shift myself and 2 other of my coworkers drove down to the beach working on about 24 hours with no sleep lol! We laid out on the beach, drank beers, and just enjoyed the beautiful ocean. I was truly shocked to see no oil on the beach or in the water. I haven't been since May when Mo and I got married and that was before the oil hit our gulf coast. I was really scared to see what the aftermath of the beach would look like. I guess I wanted to remember it as beautiful as it has always been and not destroyed by oil.

It really didn't look bad at all. I guess between them capping off the oil spill (thank God!) and the tropical depression that came through this weekend the oil is pretty much gone. There was no residue on the sand or in the water. I had told the girls I wasn't going anywhere near the water but I ended up spending pretty much the entire time in the water and it was absolutely perfect! We ate lunch on the beach and enjoyed some yummy seafood! It was the absolute perfect day! I had SO much fun. I regretted it when I got home and could barely keep my eyes open but it was definitely worth it. Being a full time working mom doesn't leave much time for myself but when it occurs I truly appreciate it and savor every moment!

I hope everyone has a great week and I'll try to post again before the end of the week :) I have this weekend off woopee!!!

2 comments:

  1. There is something great about living here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I too love being southern and a Gulf Coast native :)
    2. We didn't get any oil either, which is a huge relief!
    3. So glad you got some free time!

    ReplyDelete