Saturday, January 1, 2011

I am a walking cliche I know.

But my New Year's resolution is to not just lose some weight but just be more healthy in general. I could have started this a month ago but something about the date of 01/01/11 just seemed so mesmorizing so I decided to wait until the first of the year.

I'm loosely following Jackie Warner's "eating clean" program. I loved her book and I love her eat clean for 5 days and have 2 cheat days approach. It's not a diet it's a lifestyle. I'm also going to try to quit smoking yet again. As most of you know I posted about quitting a few months ago. I did indeed quit for about 3 months and so did my husband. However, he picked the habit back up once again and so did I. I can't even remember how many times I've tried to quit now. It's really discouraging but I'm not going to give up. I'm going to keep trying even if it takes 20 tries quitting. I've always tried to quit cold turkey but never succeeded for longer than a few months so I've decided that if this time I see myself failing I'm going to try to talk to my doctor about some prescription help. We shall see how it goes :)

What are everyone else's goals for 2011?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the healthier living. I'm back to pre-preg weight but my body is not...just flabby. Im in need of some serious toning!

    ReplyDelete