Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pasta Fagioli

So this is one of my favorite soups at Olive Garden. Chicken and Knocchi comes in a close second so I'm going to try to recreate that soup next. I got this recipe from googling for a copy cat. It turned out pretty dang close and even heartier in my opinion.

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can white beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can diced tomoatoes
1.5 cans beef broth or stock
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups shredded carrots
4 oz. small cooked pasta (I used rotini because it was what I had in my pantry)
2 tblsp garlic powder
2 tbsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown your ground meat until just brown. Add in onion, celery,tomatoes, and carrots and simmer/saute for 10 minutes. Then add in beans, spaghetti sauce, broth, cooked pasta, and spices and simmer until veggies are cooked to your liking. I simmered for about 25 minutes and the veggies were lightly crisp so if you like them fully cooked I would add about 10 minutes cook time. Serve with salad and favorite crusty garlic bread.

I hope y'all enjoy I'm always looking for easy, healthy, fool proof dinner ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment