Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall is in the air!

I LOVE fall. Seriously I have no idea why I live in a state that doesn't really have a fall or winter. Literally 9 months out of the year it is hot and humid here. The past week it has came down from the temperature of hell to the low to mid 80's and it feels great! I love everything about fall...the cool, crisp air, pumpkin anything, the holidays, the leaves changing colors, hot chocolate, college football, boots, sweaters....EVERYTHING!

One of my other favorite things about fall is the food! I love anything that is meaty, beany, and soupy! I love trying out different kinds of soups and chillis when it gets cold. I started out the fall season right with 15 bean soup! Very easy to make and SO good :) Recipe is as follows.




Ingredients:

1 package 15 bean soup (found in dry bean isle)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 lemon
1 chopped onion
1 package conecah sausage or other meat of choice (i.e. turkey sausage)

Directions:
I take the package of beans and empty them into my crockpot. I then fill the crockpot with water about 1 inch past the beans. I also put the seasoning packet it comes with in the crockpot with the juice of one lemon and the chopped onion. I slow cook the beans on low for 8 hours. An hour before completion I add the tomatoes and the sausage. Serve with mexican or sweet cornbread! YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment