Friday, November 11, 2011

Creamy Chicken & Bacon Pasta

Pinterest has been such a God send for my cooking lol. It has made menu planning 100% easier than it used to be. I used to always scour recipe websites scrambling for dinner ideas until Pinterest came along. I have SO many things on my food board that is is just out of control. I don't think I will ever run out of new meal ideas again. I got this one off of pinterest and it was so delicious.

It was also my first time grilling chicken y'all lol. On a big girl grill! I was so scared I was going to blow myself up but I didn't :) You can use the George Foreman or a griddle pan if you want to make it easier on yourself! I personally despise my George Foreman because it is SUCH a pain in the arse to clean and I don't own a griddle pan so I just went with the good 'ole fashion way. I may even attempt steaks by myself, ha!

Ingredients:

1 lb thin sliced grilled chicken breasts (I marinated my breats in Lawry's herb and garlic marinade all day and then grilled)
1/2 lb whole wheat penne
1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped (I cheated and used the already cooked kind lol)
Crushed red peppper flakes
Garlic powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
Grated parmesean cheese
2 eggs
Salt and pepper

*I didn't measure how much of all the spices I used I just add to my taste liking.

Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done (according to package instructions).

Place cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan. Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and pepper and whisk until blended.

Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot. Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon, and add some reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Top with grilled chicken. Add some more grated parm on top of pasta :)


No comments:

Post a Comment