Monday, May 10, 2010

Healthy Turkey Taco Soup.

This is a staple on my menu these days. Simply because it's fool proof and easy and so yummy! I usually make it with ground beef but thought I would do it with ground turkey instead to cut out the fat. Here ya go and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients:



1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
1 can beans ( I use light red kidney beans)
1 can white shoepeg corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small vidalia onion
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch seasoning

Fixings:

Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, taco chips of your choice

Brown ground turkey and chopped onion until brown. Drain beef and onion.



Add beef/onion to a 4 quart or larger pot. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer until warm.



I serve it with shredded cheese, sour cream, and taco chips.



Voila! Yummy, healthy, and most importantly fast and easy!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delish!!! :)

    New follower!! :)

    --Steph
    http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally going to try this recipe out!

    has anyone ever told you that you look like a blong Alyssa Milano?

    ReplyDelete