Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bittersweet kind of day.

So I apologize no cute pics of Jonah from the fair. It was so wet and rainy outside Mom and I postponed the fair trip till Saturday. We went shopping and ate Mexican instead which works for me lol.

I think I mentioned that I interviewed for a part-time nursing position at a local hospital last week. They told me that if my background check came back good that I was pretty much hired. I got the official job offer today and I accepted. I start a week from Tuesday. It's the perfect job really. It's Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 to 5:30 and it's basically starting I.V.'s and administering outpatient I.V. medication. I'll just be monitoring the patients and vital signs to make sure they don't have any complications or reactions when receiveing their medications. This is always one aspect of nursing that I really love and I think it will give me an opportunity to bond with my patients and actually get to know them which is something I am really excited about....

On the other hand part of me is really sad. When I quit my full time job at the Children's hospital I felt so much relief and while the first week of being home was rough I loved it. I honestly didn't expect to find another job so quickly or easily since it took me almost a year to get my last job. I'm SO thankful I really am because it's the perfect job and hours but I am going to miss having my little Jonahbee all to myself every day. He is going to be going to a mom's day out program and staying with my parents so that makes me feel better. He loves getting out of the house and socializing with other kids so I know it's what is best for him and that he will have so much fun.

I'm going to have a busy week next week getting Jonah registered in school and new job paperwork and new job uniforms! I'm kind of stressing! I'm just going to not even worry about it till Monday after I enjoy this Halloween weekend! Well I'm going to make a yummy cheesecake for dinner! I'm also cooking my mom's famous baked potato crock pot soup so I will post pictures and the recipe later on tonight for y'all to try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment