So I really didn't start this blog with the intention of only blogging about being a mother. I also wanted to share my adventures in cooking, fashion, motherhood, etc. I'm finally getting the hang of cooking a decent meal so my goal is to share easy yummy recipes that y'all can cook for your own families. Right now a few of my favorite cooking blogs are Skinny Taste and Annie's Eats. I am a cooking blog whore lol. If you know of any good cooking blogs please leave me a link in the comments blog! Anywho I'm going to share the recipe I have for crockpot baked potato soup. I made it last night and it was AMAZING. Probably almost better than the kind you get at the restaurant and so easy! Peeling the potatoes sucked but it didn't take that long really.
Recipe is as follow:
You will need 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, 1 large onion chopped, 3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth ( I only had two cans so I did 2 cans of broth and 1 can cheddar cheese soup) 1/4 cup butter, 2 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/4 tsp ground pepper, 1 cup whipping cream or half and half, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 3 tablsp. fresh chives, 1 container sour cream (optional), 4 bacon slices cooked and crumbled and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
Combine first 6 ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours or until potato is tender. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsley chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in cream, cheese, and chives. Top with sour cream if desired and sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese before serving. Makes 12 cups.
Here are some pictures of my final result. I don't have a good camera so my pictures are less than stellar but you get the point that it looks good lol. I promise it tastes good! :)
OH and I forgot to mention I made a yummy salad with tomatoes, boiled egg, and honey mustard dressing to go with it. I also baked some fresh french bread for dipping YUMMO!

No comments:
Post a Comment