Yes I am still alive! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates or rather NO updates. Things have been so crazy the past few months. Jonah is going through the terrible twos so things are a bit chaotic most days.
A lot of things have changed lately! Wow, where to start! I quit my job working full time nights at the Children's hospital. I just couldn't take working nights anymore. My marriage, my home life, and my physical heath was suffering too much. I was really depressed. I am so truly blessed that my husband has a good enough job that allows me to just up and quit my job. I wanted to do part time at the hospital but that just wasn't an option. I love being at home with Jonah even though things are completely different now! The first week was rough I'm not going to lie. The last time I was at home all day with him was over a year ago! He's a completely different person with his own little mind now. He wants to go every day so most of the time I'm scrambling to find activities for us to do to fill up the day. It took us a few weeks to get adjusted to spending so much time together but now we've settled into a pretty good little routine! I can honestly say I hated staying at home with Jonah when he was a baby mostly because I think I was battling with my PPD and denial of it. This time is completely different! I LOVE it. I love exploring new things and "firsts" with my little man!
Even though I'm at home for the time being I've still been applying for part time jobs that appeal to me in my field. I had an interview last week for a part time position at a local I.V. infusion clinic at a local hospital. It's perfect, absolutely perfect! It's Monday through Wednesday 8-5 and my parents have offered to watch Jonah for free. I pretty much got hired on the spot! I'm just waiting for my background check to come back! I can't believe it was that easy to find a job when it took me like 8 months last time around! I'm going to put Jonah in a mom's day out program from 8 till 12 and then my parents will watch him until I get off work. I think he's really going to enjoy it because I can tell he misses being around other kids. I think it's going to be the perfect balance for us and I'm super excited. I love being a nurse but I also love being a mom and I think this will work out nicely!
Well that is a little update on us :) I promise to update more now that things have settled down! I am loving fall and can't wait to take Jonah trick or treating this year since he "gets" it more now. I hope everyone has a fabulous week!
Summer Travel with Quinny Zapp Flex
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment