Monday, July 18, 2011

Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo with baked Asparagus.

Hmmm....that is all I can say about this recipe. I cooked it tonight and it was delicious! It all took about 30 minutes too cook so that was an added bonus. Y'all know I'm all about a quick and yummy meal on a weeknight. Here goes....

Ingredients:

1 lb. fettucine noodles
1 lb. fresh or frozen shrimp thawedl
1 tablespoon butter ( I use I can't believe it's not butter )
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup half and half
1 cup grated parmesean cheese or other white cheese
1 bundle fresh asparagus
1/2 cup balsamic vinegarette
salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil to coat asparagus

Boil water and cook noodles as directed on package. For sauce first saute garlic, butter, and shrimp for about 5 minutes until butter is melted and shrimp are a light pink color. Then add in half and half then parmesean cheese and stir until sauce thickens. I cooked my sauce about 10 minutes and added 1 tablespoon of flour (or cornstarch) to thicken it up a little. The sauce will appear a little runny but as soon as you take it off the stove it will thicken up. Pour shrimp and sauce over noodles and toss to serve.

For Asparagus: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cleaned asparagus in a baking dish and toss in olive oil. Pour balsamic vinegarette over asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss asparagus to coat well. I cooked them in the oven for about 20 minutes but my asparagus were very thin. If you have thicker asparagus I'd add about 10 minutes cooking time depending on how crisp you like them. I tossed them half way through cooking and they turned out cooked with a little crisp to them.

I hope you all enjoy :)) Pictures of the finished product below....


No comments:

Post a Comment