
Attempting to quit smoking that is. I've tried about a billion times since I started 8 years ago and I always fail. I know many people don't understand how addictive smoking is but seriously I think the equivalent of quitting smoking is like quitting heroin. I mean I'm an educated HEALTH professional, and I've also seen my grandmother die a slow agonizing death from smoking but that still isn't enough to quit the bad habit.
The only lenthful time I quit was when I was pregnant. Soon after Jonah was born I developed pretty serious post partum depression and the only thing that helped with the stress was smoking. My kids are getting to the age that they notice the smoking and I certainly think about every time that I light up that I want to be a healthy example to my kids and to be around for a long time.
I decided to try the patches this time instead of going cold turkey. I'm really hopeful that they will work for me. I'm ready to quit. I'm so ready to not wash my hands a million times a day, or change my shirt a million times a day. I want to actually go more than a day without showering because I smell like cigarettes. I want my car, my clothes, etc. not to reak of smoke. It's going to be hard because my husband also smokes but I'm hoping I can be successful and he will follow my lead and want to quit too....I'll keep y'all updated. I guess I'm just so scared to fail and to actually have to admit that to a group of people if I do. So here goes nothing...Any encouraging works or advice???

No comments:
Post a Comment